Saturday, June 20, 2009

Planned Route

Just wanted to give everyone our itinerary for the drive, just in case someone has a recommendation for a good spot for "road food" along the way. For the most part, we'll be on I-80, with a detour in South Dakota up to I-90 to see the "badlands" and Mt. Rushmore. We couldn't pass up the opportunity to see one of the great tourist attractions of all time and waste some money buying useless souvenirs of dead presidents' heads.

Day 1 Winnemucca, NV
Day 2 Evanston, WY
Day 3 Casper, WY
Day 4 Rapid City, SD
Day 5 Sioux City, IA
Day 6 Davenport, IA
Day 7 Toledo, OH

We're hoping to make it from Toledo to Atlantic City (about 600 miles) in one day. I think at that point, my sleep sack will be too dirty to do much good, so we'll have to sacrifice one more night in a disgusting motel and go directly home, where hopefully, the beds will be cleaner, although after Salvi being there a week on her own, who knows? (sorry, Sal)

4 comments:

  1. And, now its too late for me to order that sleep sack which sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I resent that. First of all, I will be staying in my own room, so your bed will not be touched. Secondly, I refuse to believe that you think I am dirtier than a roadside motel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Winnemucca, NV
    Great family style Basque food at the "STAR". Just ask around, everybody knows this place. It is across the street from "Susie's" - keep Guy away from that place.

    Have fun,

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip. Keep hearing about the great Basque food and can't wait to try it.
    Have also heard about Susie's. Guy will not be visiting!

    ReplyDelete