Friday, June 19, 2009

Mmmm, Road Food

After a week of literally "driving myself crazy" thinking of everything that will need to be done when we finally get to the east coast, I have taken Guy's advice and chilled out. I am trying really hard to live in the moment, although that goes against every fiber in my being. Seriously, how does a person whom her therapist once called "very, very neurotic" remain in the moment? Smoking cigarettes and taking Xanax seems to help a lot.

OK, enough whining, back to the road trip. Good news, the sleep sack has arrived. It is yellow silk and rolled up into a very small little bag and when I unfolded it, Guy looked at it and laughed, but the laugh wasn't entirely sincere. His eyes betrayed his real emotion. I know he is going to be bothering me in the middle of the night somewhere in Wyoming, asking me to move over and let him in. Its just not going to happen. Luigi yes, Guy, no.

I've been researching food on the road. So far, I've found the best corn dog, the best chocolate cream pie, the best custom made(!) coca cola, the best fried chicken, the best snickerdoodle cookies, the best barbecue and the best fried lake perch (I think that's a kind of fish they eat in a "red" state). Sounds fabulous! We'll get out of the car in Ventnor, tired, grumpy and FAT! This trip is sounding better and better all of the time.

I'll have some pictures for you the next time; I just haven't figured out how to do that yet. I can't really believe that I figured out how to "blog". I think that increases my cool factor tremendously!

1 comment:

  1. You are too funny! I am kind of jealous of that yellow silk sleep sack and I am sure Uncle guy is regretting that he chuckled at the idea of it... miss you guys and have a safe drive! XOXO Nicole Duncan

    ReplyDelete