Thursday, June 11, 2009

Less Than 2 weeks to Go!

Almost finished with all of the packing, so now I can concentrate on being nervous about the long drive ahead. I spent a few hours yesterday adjusting our route since, after careful consideration, we've decided that over 400 miles in any one day, might be a bit ambitious. So, instead of arriving on the 30th of June, we will arrive closer to the 2nd of July. No matter, as long as we're there for the 4th of July fireworks, it'll be fine.
I made an important purchase yesterday. Since I am more than nervous about the quality or more precisely, the lack of quality, of the motels we're going to be staying at, specifically, the cleanliness or lack thereof, of the beds, I bought myself a "sleep sack". Kind of like a sleeping bag made out of silk that you place on the bed so you don't have to actually touch the gross sheets and whatever is lurking on/in them. Sonny and Luigi are taking their own beds from home, but obviously, Guy and I can't do that, hence the sleep sack. Guy said that he didn't want one and that I was being neurotic (What? me neurotic?). Fine, but when he says he scheeves the bed, its going to be too bad for him since my sack is for one person only!
Today, my task is to research food along the way so we don't have to eat hamburgers and french fries every single day, although that doesn't really sound that bad to me.

5 comments:

  1. I think the sleep sack is an EXCELLENT plan. Did you take mini detergent too? Dad is going to be super jealous, for sure, way before you reach NYC. You should bring lice shampoo just in case. I don't know, motels... bugs... seems possible. Not to freak you out or anything, but now I'm just being neurotic for you. maybe also bring slippers or at least shower sandals...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria,
    Good idea about the sleep sack. And Alfia, good idea on the shower sandals (thought that was a given). But, lice shampoo? There are pharmacies in the hinterlands and the "red states". And, do you really think that Daddy is going to stay at a flea-bag motel? Only if it's owned by the Four Seasons.

    Uncle J.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not even going to consider the possibility of lice, if I do, I may not be able to go.
    Yes, shower flip flops are a given.

    And, hey, Jame, flea bag motels are the only thing available, believe me, I've checked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do Sunny and Luigi need Dramamine?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know if they need dramamine, but I definitely need Xanax!

    ReplyDelete